The disease is characterized by a lesion, most often, of the knee, as well as of the hip joints, associated with the destruction of the cartilaginous surfaces of the joints and the lack of synovial fluid. This leads to violations of biomechanics and, upon the addition of inflammation, pain. Risk factors are overweight and injury. More often women have this disease. At first, the disease manifests articular crunch, limitation of mobility, stiffness and pain. If untreated, symptoms progress to complete disability and the need for joint replacement.
In the diagnosis of the leading role played by magnetic resonance imaging, allowing you to accurately determine the degree of arthrosis. Effective care with the use of cellular regenerative medicine are subject to 1-3 degrees of arthrosis. The 4th degree is an absolute indication for prosthetics.
The course lasts 10 days, includes:
- Preparatory – rehabilitation stage: physiotherapy, shock wave therapy (provides activation of the joint’s own progenitor stem cells), if necessary – pharmacological correction of inflammation (anti-inflammatory medications) and joint nutrition (hyaluronic acid). An orthopedist, neurologist and rehabilitologist take part in the treatment. If necessary, if there are somatic diseases that affect the development of arthrosis (diabetes, obesity), an endocrinologist will be connected.
- Regenerative stage – includes the use of cell-tissue preparations:
- Intra-articular soft tissue fibroblasts trigger the process of cartilage repair.
- Intravenous pluripotent (multifunctional) stem cells provide normalization of metabolism and the formation of new blood vessels, which, in turn, improves the nutrition of the joints.
- Auxiliary medications: placenta, growth factors.
In some cases, the own stem cells derived from the patient’s fat or blood are used.
Pain relief, an increase in the volume of movements occurs already at the 1st stage, reaches a maximum within 2 to 3 months, especially if the rules are followed.
- The rehabilitation and monitoring phase is carried out at home, includes physiotherapy and physical therapy; monitoring of MRI after 6 months, distant recommendations.
This program provides improvement and stable stabilization of the process for a period of at least 3 years.