Urologist in Kiev at the clinic medical center Renaissance
The development of medicine contributes to the emergence of narrow-profile doctors. The specialist specialist has knowledge in a specific area, for example urology.
Urology is a direction of medicine, the purpose of which is to study the causes and process of development of diseases of the urinary system, their diagnosis and treatment.
The urinary system includes:
The male reproductive system is under the responsibility of an andrologist.
Andrology has emerged from urology, and studies the pathology of the male genital area.
Genital organs in men:
The main differences between urologist and andrologist are shown in the table.
|Main stream.||Division of urology, narrow discipline|
|Treats diseases of the urinary system in men and women.||A purely male doctor specializing in: treatment of sexual dysfunctions, inflammation, chronic pelvic pain, male infertility.|
|Presenting for urinary problems||With pain in the genitals, sexual disorders, problems with urination, difficulties in conceiving a child.|
If you find any symptoms you should contact a urologist
- pain and pain when urinating;
- pulling and aching pain in the lumbar region;
- it seems that the bladder is not completely empty;
- urine does not hold;
- there is blood or pus in the urine.
It is recommended to consult an andrologist if you have the following problems:
- Erectile dysfunction.
- Ejaculation problems.
- Decreased sex drive.
- Male menopause.
- Pain in the rectum.
- Male infertility.
- Upon detection of neoplasms.
- The presence of an inflammatory process.
- Change in the appearance of a man, the appearance of female signs.
- Before IVF.
At the initial visit, the doctor collects anamnesis, listens to the patient's complaints. The doctor asks about the presence of bad habits, genetic predisposition, intimate sphere.
What the doctor pays attention to when examining
- The physique of the patient. The patient should have no feminine characteristics. Gynecomastia - enlargement of the mammary glands indicates hormonal problems, this negatively affects reproductive function.
- Development of the genitals. Size is estimated. When probing, no seals, formations with liquid and nodes are found, this is considered the norm.
- Symmetry. The scrotum should be, with evenly developed parts, an increase in one of them signals an inflammatory process. The enlargement of the scrotum is accompanied by inguinal hernias. Expansion of the scrotal veins is a sign of varicocele, which, without timely treatment, provokes groin pain and can cause infertility.
- The appearance of the penis. The doctor can detect phimosis - a narrowing of the foreskin, a shortened frenulum, and a curvature of the shaft of the penis.
- The condition of the skin and mucous membranes of the groin area. If an infection has penetrated, the doctor will find ulcers, warts, white plaque, which may be caused by a fungal infection.
- The prostate gland is analyzed by palpation. Enlargement and tenderness indicate inflammation.
Research methods that the specialist suggests, after the data obtained
- Ultrasound examination of the penis and scrotum, Doppler ultrasonography of the vessels of the penis and testicles, elastography of the penile tissue. Allows you to identify formations, the presence of diseases, a differentiated approach to treatment.
- Ultrasound of the prostate is performed both abdominal and rectally. Inflammation in the prostate leads to infertility, in addition to this, the enlarged organ constricts the urethra and disrupts the process of urination. The presence of inflammation may indicate a sexually transmitted disease, so the doctor prescribes a sexually transmitted disease.
- PCR allows detecting the disease with its latent development and the absence of symptoms.
- Androflor is a diagnostic method for detecting microbes acting on the intimate sphere.
- Hormonal tests. Are examined for hormones of the pituitary gland, thyroid gland and gonads. In addition, female hormones may be present in the analysis.
- Spermogram. The seminal fluid is examined, the physical components are analyzed, as well as the number of motile sperm, which fertilize the egg.
- Antisperm examination. Antibodies are detected, which are produced in case of immune abnormalities, and provoke the death of sperm.
- Research on tumor markers.
- General blood analysis.
- Biochemical blood test.
- Analysis of urine.
- Investigation of the vibration sensitivity of the penis.
Answers to frequently asked questions
No more than 6 times a day.
Uroandrologist-sexopathologist, trained in endocrinology, neurology, vascular diseases.
With psychological factors (anxiety); lack of testosterone, vascular problems (venous leakage).
Most often, it is Peyronie's disease (a plaque in the tunica albuginea).
Комплексное восстановление мужского здоровье с участием эндокринолога и уролога